In Western Washington, May means the beginning of mosquito season. Take these steps to make your yard less inviting to mosquitoes:
- Remove objects like empty flower pots, buckets and containers that are collecting water
- Clean and unclog gutters to prevent standing water
- Fill in low-lying areas of flower beds and lawns to prevent water from pooling
- Fill in hollow logs and stumps so water won’t collect
- Repair damaged screens on windows and doors to keep mosquitoes out
These simple steps can help reduce your discomfort during mosquito season. Want more helpful tips? Click here. Would you like information regarding buying or selling a home? Get in touch – we’re here to help you reach your real estate goals.