Now that we’re in the rainy season, make sure you have taken steps to prevent water damage. Below are 5 tips to help you prevent damage and costly repairs to your home.
- Clean and inspect gutters. Make sure your gutters are clear of debris and draining properly, without leaks. This can help prevent costly water damage to your home’s foundation.
- Clean and inspect downspouts. Downspouts can become clogged with dirt and debris causing water to back-up into your gutters potentially damaging your siding and roof.
- Check and insulate pipes. Take a few moments to insulate your pipes to prevent freezing and bursting, causing potential water damage to a number of places in your home.
- Insulate exterior faucets. Protect your outdoor faucets with insulated covers. This is an inexpensive and easy thing to do, preventing costly damage and repairs later.
- Keep storm drains clear. If you have a storm drain near your home and find it becoming clogged with leaves and debris, it is in your best interest to clear it. Large pools of water backing up onto your property can damage your foundation and create standing water in your basement or crawl space.
These simple steps can help prevent water damage to your home, so it’s important to complete them before rainy season. Want more helpful tips? Click here. Would you like information regarding buying or selling a home? Get in touch – we’re here to help you reach your real estate goals.