Reaching your real estate goal isn’t always the most convenient, or easy thing to do – even in a hot market. However, there are a number of things you can do to increase your probability of reaching your real estate goal. Here is a quick list of important steps we recommend taking:
Stay in close contact with your real estate broker
Even a hot market ebbs and flows. Being in contact with your broker will allow you to take advantage of key timing in your hyper-local market. Taking this step helps you to maximize profit and meet your timing target. This first step is critical to reaching your real estate goal.
Real estate goal home preparation
When selling your home, be ready for market day one by completing these items:
- Get a storage unit – this will make things much easier on you and it isn’t expensive
- De-clutter – buyers need to see a clean canvas to envision themselves in your home
- Neutralize paint – a blank canvas allows buyers to focus on your home’s best features
- Clean carpets – professional carpet cleaning is a low cost big reward item
- Stage – professional staging allows buyers to see defined spaces
- Landscape – keep weeds pulled, grass cut, and freshen up bark for additional curb appeal
Stay in charge of costs
Preparing your home for sale doesn’t have to break the bank. Begin repairs and updates now so you are able to stay in charge of those costs and plan ahead.
Remember, reaching your home sale real estate goal means your house has to say, “Pick Me!” Don’t allow yourself to be a first runner-up, or worse, a buyers second look after you make a price reduction.
Your real estate professional is a trusted advisor who interacts in the market daily and is your biggest advocate.
Thinking about selling your home? Give us a call for a free home evaluation customized to your home and neighborhood. We’re here to make sure you are reaching your real estate goal.